Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's Raining It's Pouring....

This seems to be the theme song so far for 2009!  We started the year out with a bang, our first trip to the ER with Emily, which lead to her being hospitalized for 3 nights and 4 days.  She was diagnosed with a severe kidney infection and dehydration.  As terrified as I was at first, the whole ordeal was a huge blessing in disguise.  Emily received excellent care on the Peds ward at LRMC.  Of all the places in the military world, this was by far the best place for her to get sick.  

Being in the hospital with her made me so thankful that I have hope in Jesus Christ.  At a time when I didn't even have words to pray, our gracious Savior knew exactly what I needed....Peace.  

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I have probably read that verse a thousand times.  I can honestly say until this past week it was all just head knowledge.  For the first time I can remember, I actually felt God's peace in a real, tangible way.  As a human being there is no way I could have remained calm under the circumstances.  God's peace, peace beyond my understanding, was guarding my heart and allowing me to be strong for my daughter when she needed me the most.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you were able to feel Him with you!! We're praying that your years worst is already over!! We love you!